Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 44 - Anxious No More

Today is Tuesday and I don't feel anxious.

For the previous two weeks, I'll admit I was feeling jumpy and a little crazy about what I was allowing myself to eat, what I wanted to eat, and what I "couldn't have". So I think that contributed to my demise...guilt + anxiety + overeating.

Anyway, I woke up Monday and did some OnDemand Yoga, went to work, ate a couple pieces of fruit and a green shake. I had some lentil soup and salad for dinner. And I seriously feel peaceful for the first time in two weeks. I'm not obsessssing about the weight gain, as much. And I feel pretty well.

I'm off of the Candida Cleanse extracts and back on my regular supplement routine: Green shake, chlorella, vitamin C, mushroom supplement, zeolites and adrenal boost. I'm about to place an order on livesuperfoods.com for a new Adrenal Health capsule, Mangosteen supplements (for hormonal health), and some cheap(ish) almond butter! Raw organic almond butter by Maranatha is $20 for a jar! This one is $12.99, yay! Yea I guess I could make it, but I haven't gotten that motivated yet.

Ok and check this out. I won't be purchasing this at the moment, because I am trying to break the sugar habit. But how awesome that this even exists:
RAWTELLA - Raw vegan chocolate hazelnut spread =D

















Creative raw vegan foods make me happy, even if I won't be eating them yet. Hmm maybe I'll bring a jar to San Diego when I visit my nutella-fanatic friend.

Today is election day in Chicago, going to vote and then probably hit up Costco for some more organic salad mix. Tonight, just a sensible salad. I worked from home today so I munched more than I should've...


Cheers,

K

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on completing the candida cleanse! At some point I'll just write a post about this, but I've also been meaning to share a skin-care secret I recently learned with you. I know some of your rawness/cleansing has had to do with your skin problems, something I am constantly battling with as well. A co-worker of mine recommended lavender oil as a topical treatment for blemishes. Each night, I do a little dab on trouble spots, and it works just as well as any over-the-counter treatments I have tried. AND it doesn't dry out your skin. Per her recommendation, I also put a few drops into a bottle of witch hazel, and use that as an all-natural toner after I wash with my super-gentle Dr. Bronner's castile soap. I cannot tell you how much my skin has changed since I tried this. Lavender oil can be a bit pricy, but a tiny bottle lasts forever, and you keep terrifying chemicals off your precious face. If you try it, let me know how it goes! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will DEF be trying this. I think my issue is rooted internally, so it may not clearrr me entirely (need to quit sugar for good ugh). But I will try anything to bring me some sweet facial relief. I saw Dr. Bronner's at Trader Joe's, I will have to pick some up. Lavender sounds lovely too....I will be posting about this, thanks for the suggestion mah dear! xx

    ReplyDelete