Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 30 - Finding Balance

It feels like I never fasted. I mean, it hasn't been difficult to go back to eating solid food and I haven't experienced any difficulty digesting (that I can tell) yet. Yay?

I'm holding steady at 3 pounds regained, which feels pretty good. My goal this week was to eat one meal a day to kind of ease into the eating thing. However, I've had a couple of unplanned lunches come up at work, so I'm doing the best I can. I ate all-veggie salad with vinegar/oil at both lunches, Mon & Tues, so I'm sticking with the raw theme. I HAVE, however, eaten some cooked food both nights as well. I'll explain.

Monday, D and I made some veggies sauteed in coconut oil (the best) with a little Braggs Liquid Aminos (soy sauce substitute). Delicious. Today, since I had eaten another salad for lunch, I wasn't all that hungry when I came home so I ate some celery sticks with this fantastic new discovery from Costco:

This organic peanut butter is not raw. However, the ingredients on the bottle are: Dry roasted organic peanuts & salt. OK, for a little pick-me-up, this will suffice just fine. No added sugar (2g naturally). I dipped a few celery sticks in the PB, and it was my one non-raw thing for the day.

$7.50 for the 2-pack, and they are obvi larger than the average PB jar. If anyone can offer me a reason why this is bad for me, please do tell. Because for now, it feels so wrong to taste this good...

As I look for balance in this new lifestyle, there will definitely be some cooked foods incorporated into the everyday lifestyle. 80-85% raw, to me, means that I'll dabble with a few bites of cooked food here and there, but maintain the core of my meals as raw organic. I'll add foods like: quinoa, rice flour, sprouted tortillas and polenta -- to eat with my raw greens and veg. As I get deeper into the Candida Cleanse, I will limit my intake of non-raw foods to really let the herbal extracts do their thing. So far, I think the biggest difference is that I'm remaining vegan. My body likes this.


Cheers,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment